Traditionally, this would be just water - perhaps with a squeeze of fresh lemon to neutralize acidity and stimulate the bowels. However, there are other liquids that have supplementary benefits:
- Freshly made fruit and vegatble juices can help cleanse and regenerate the entire system.
- Unsweetened herbal or spice teas such as ginger, dandelion, fennel or yarrow act as useful detoxifiers or circulator stimulants
- Broth is another option, made from clean, fresh organic vegetables simmered in water, the liquid strained and the vegetables discarded.
I make my juices the night before and chill them in the refrigerator overnite. My favorite it apple and carrot juice. I will be making this juice this evening for my detox tomorrow.
APPLE AND CARROT JUICE
For the best general tonic for cleansing and boosting the immune system, juice together four carrots and two green apples.
EXERCISE PROGRAM - WEEK 1
- Warm-Up (5-10 minutes)
- Aerobic exercise (15 minutes)
- 10-minute toners (10 minutes)
- Cool-down (5-10 minutes)
TIP: Practice and perfect complicate moves slowly before doing them at speed
- Floor March - March for 5 minutes - to music if this helps
- Side Bends - Do 10-12 reaches on each side
- Body Twist - twist 5-10 times
- Shoulder and Head rolls - 4-5 times
- Plies - 10-12 times
- Dynamic stretch kicks
- Jogging on the spot
Aerobic exercise is good for using calories, fat-burning; firming legs and hips; improving overall fitness levels. Start with 15 minutes and gradually work your way up to 30 minutes.
- Rope Skipping
Cooling Down is important. It allows your heart rate to recover gradually; returning muscles to pre-exercise state; preventing stiffness after exercise.
- Hamstring stretch
- Calf stretch
- Quad stretch
- all-over lean
- Swing out
The tummy toners are good for flattening stomach; strengthening abdominal muscles; improving posture.
- Torso twists
- Upper body circles
- Rope Climbing
- Crossed fists
- Double leg stretch
Giving your skin a thorough clean out helps to balance moisture, clean the pores and get rid of dead skin cells, paving the way for a smooth new skin surface. External methods for cleansing the skin are exfoliating, which boost circulation, stimulate the elimination of toxins through the lymphatic system and speed skin cell renewal. Alternatively, the 'inside-out' method involves boosting circulation and sweating from the inside by heating the body in a sauna or steam room or by undergoing hydrotherapy.
I really enjoy body scrubs. I have made a rock salt detox scrub and use it about once a week.
ROCK SALT DETOX SCRUB
Mix a handful of coarse rock salt flakes to a paste with two tablespoons of olive or seame oil. Add one drop only of rose or lavender essential oil.
Let me know how STAGE 1 of your detox is going by commenting on this blog.