Tuesday, January 22, 2013

THIS IS WHAT FORTY FIVE LOOKS LIKE

Here we are 21 days after I have started my New Healthy Life Style:


This is what I look like at 45 and 178 lbs.  Does anyone remember what weight I started at?

This has definitely been a climb.  With four birthdays and an anniversary during the past 21 days I am still moderately successful with losing some weight.

I still have a long way to go.

I pushed my limits this week a little by increasing the distance of my walks; their frequency; and by cutting my time by 5 minutes.

When I began, I could walk about 1/2 mile in 10 minutes.  This was good for me since I haven't done a whole lot of walking since knee surgery October 2011.  I was walking at least three times a week.

I am now walking 2 miles a day (1 mile in the morning; 1 mile in the afternoon).  It took me approximately 20 minutes to walk a mile.  I broke my record yesterday and I now can walk a mile in 15 minutes.  I am a little breathless but I feel good afterward.  In addition, the walk is not level.  During my walk I have two steep inclines that just burn my thighs and gluts.  Then I finish my walk by climbing two sets of stairs to get back to the office.

Something to think about:

"Your body is the most amazing high tech performance machine on the planet."

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to stay active. I lost a LOT of muscle when I got pregnant since I became an inanimate blob. So, now I am lugging around an extra 20 lbs courtesy of baby. I'm sure I'm burning all sorts of extra calories because of it! :D

    ReplyDelete