Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FITNESS CHALLENGE WEIGH-IN

As I was getting ready for work this morning I weighed myself at 181.4 lbs.

I juiced a couple apples, a couple carrots, raspberries, peaches, mangos and strawberries.  I ended up with three shakers full of juiced produce.

We had our official weigh-in this morning at the office and I weighed-in at 184.8 lbs.  I suspect that the weight gain is due in part to my attire as well as the first 16 ounces of juiced produce and the 24 ounces of water that I consumed between 6:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.

I was moderately successful with my first day of detoxing.  What does this mean?

Well, I consumed all of the juices and water plus about 24 ounces of lemonade.  The office brought lunch in and I was thankful that it was pizza.  I don't particularly care for pizza.  However, there was a green salad that contained tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, jalepanos and garbanzo beans.  I had three helpings.

By the way:  the salad is not part of my detox program.  I am just supposed to consume liquids like water, herbal tea and juiced fruits and vegetables.

The second challenge of the day included two snacking periods in the office.  Every Wednesday is snack day.  The galley had many different types of pastries along with grapes, bananas, oranges and apples.  The pastries smelled wonderful.  I was a good girl and only scooped about about a cup of green grapes and brought them back to my desk.

The second snack period was in the afternoon.  Every first of the month, cheesecake is offered in the galley to celebrate the current month's birthdays and anniversaries.  I didn't even leave my desk.  I knew if I went downstairs to celebrate I would grab a slice of cheesecake.  This is the reason I gained 20 lbs in less than 6 months since I started my employment with The Cheesecake Factory.

When I got home I prepared dinner for the family and heated up some chicken broth for myself.  The family enjoyed oven roasted chicken breasts with rice, and carrots along with sliced pears.  They topped it off with sparkling cider.

Sitting next to Victor, I was offered a bite of chicken and I accepted.  It was quite tasty.  I had one spoonful of rice and a spoonful of carrots.  I had one little sip of sparkling cider and then I washed everything down with about 16 ounces of water.

I was able to take a 20 minute walk this morning around 11 a.m.

At the end of the day I am officially 185 lbs.  My weight loss goal is a minimum of 50 lbs.  This will bring back to a healthy weight.  I am gradually adding exercise as I am still recovering from knee surgery.  I did not bounce back as fast as I did 14 years ago after my first surgery.


1 comment: