Sunday, February 2, 2014

THE OTHER SIDE OF FORTY

When I turned 25 years old I was devastated.  I made sure that I was still 28 when I got married the day before my 29th birthday.  I wasn't phased by 30, 35, 40 or even 45.

This year I turned 46.  I affectionately refer to this time of my life as "The Other Side of Forty".  These will be the years that I will prepare to turn 50.

The plan is to eat healthier, live healthier and be more active.  I want to look 40 something during my 50 some things.

Since my last knee surgery I have gained 30 pounds and have struggled to lose that weight.  Now that the holidays are over; the anniversary has been celebrated; and Victor and I have celebrated our 40 something birthdays it is time to get serious.

This morning I weighed in at 187 lbs.  A little too heavy for my weak knees and ankles.

Beginning tomorrow, my friend Christina and I will walk during our morning and afternoon breaks at work.  My girls are helping me make better choices when we go grocery shopping. 

Victor and I have plans to go to Hawaii later this year and I want to be able to explore the various mysteries on the beautiful islands without being exhausted and in pain.

So, here we are February 2nd of 2014; the beginning of my quest for a better me.

 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm trying to lose weight, too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete