Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DAY FOUR - PHYSICAL THERAPY

This morning I arose about two hours earlier than normal.  I weighed in at 169.8 lbs.  Yes, I gained about a pound.  It could be from the late night french fries that Victor insisted that we get from Wendy's after 9:30 p.m. last night.

Part of my recovery from the knee surgery is going to physical therapy two days a week.  I go Tuesdays and Thursday.  The routine is the same very day.

1.  Heat pack for about 10-15 minutes with electrical leads
2.  Ride the stationary bike for 5 - 7 minutes
3.  Total Gym (leg press) a minimum of 10 reps one to two times.
4.  Toe Raises - a minimum of 10 reps one to two times.
5.  Leg Lift - a minimum of 10 reps one to two times.
6.  Hip Machine - 2-4 lbs - 10 reps one to two times.  Three different positions.
7.  Chair races
8.  Leg hang
9.  Ice pack for about 10-15 minutes

The physical therapist will spend about 10-15 minutes working the knee and measuring how straight my leg is and how far I can bend my knee.

Physical therapy will continue after I have returned to work.

These simple exercises to help me become mobile are a good place to start getting back into shape.  You don't have to go to an extreme exercise routine to get fit.  Sometimes less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment