Friday, January 20, 2012

DAY 13 - EATING RIGHT

Yesterday was a busy day for me.  I weighed in at 171.6 lbs with 38.6 % fat...  nice...

Ryan and Jody Maloney - the happy couple - married on the beach - and me.


Victor and I had a few errands to run before we attending a wedding at the beach.  Because we had a late start one of our stops was to get something to eat.  When Victor asked where I wanted to go and eat I mention a few places that had fruit bowls or salads. 

One of Victor's favorite fast food places is Wendy's.   He likes their fresh cut fries with sea salt.  Their okay.

When we finally got to Wendy's I chose one of their salads:  Apple Pecan Chicken Salad Half-Size

This salad contains: 
Iceberg, Romaine and Spring Mix, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Dried Cranberries, Apple Chunks.
This salad is served with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
Total calories is about 340.  Not bad for a mid-day snack that tastes really good.  I like this particular salad because it has the perfect combination of sweet and sour.

In the evening we went to dinner with friends to celebrate our birthdays (mine and Victor's).  We went to Wood Ranch.  It can be really hard to eat right here.  The food portions are larger than normal and it can be easy to over eat.

I ordered a House Salad with ranch dressing on the side:  Lettuce mix, fresh white corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, croutons and avacado.

For my entree I ordered Top Sirloin with mashed potatoes.  I had them butterfly the steak and ended up eating half.  Brought the other half for my 16 yr old son to eat. 

Extras that kill the diet:  Barq's Rootbeer, dinner rolls, fried chips (with salsa). 

It is okay to splurge a little - as long as you don't do it every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment