Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DAY FIVE - I HAVE A COLD

I slept in a little this morning because I have a cold.  When I got up Victor had already been up for a couple hours.  He had a business meeting and had cleaned up the kitchen a little.

I eventually dragged myself out of bed and weighed in at 170 lbs.  My scale also measures percentage of body fat.  I am at 39% body fat.  Not so good.

I started feeling under the weather yesterday morning.  When I went to physical therapy I also noticed that my knee was a little tender and swollen.  The therapist explained to me that when our bodies are infected with a virus it attacks the weakest parts of our body.  Most people think that colds are just in the head.  They're not.  Colds can be in your knees. 

Today my knee is still tender; I have a runny nose and a sore throat.

The best way to take care of yourself when under the weather is to get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.  A little bit of apple juice works too.

Today I will be taking it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment