Saturday, November 29, 2014

THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE

Beginning the weight loss challenge with my family is very important to me.  With a history of heart disease and diabetes it is essential that we find ways to improve our health through good eating habits; healthy living and conscious exercise.

There are so many things that I want to accomplish with this process:


  • I want to be slim
  • I want to banish my daily headaches
  • I want to wake up with energy
  • I want to sleep peacefully through the night
  • I want brighter eyes
  • I want radiant skin
  • I want to feel more relaxed
  • I want to be more energized in the afternoon
  • I want to stop slumping in front of the TV every night

The list goes on and on.  So, how do I accomplish these things?  Just like everything we want to accomplish in life we need to start with a single focus point.  Usually something that requires the most attention to correct.

I have a tendency to grab and snack anything that comes into view because I don't eat regularly and find myself starving and ravenous.  The foods that I usually eat are high in fat and sodium (chips).

Today's focus is eating foods that are better for me; like fruits and vegetables.  The Goal:

I want to stop eating junk and start eating fresh, natural foods full of goodness!  

I started my morning with a medium banana.  After I take my shower and get ready for the day I will make a couple hard boiled eggs and some roasted red potatoes.

If you are on this journey too here are some thoughts for today:

The first thing I want you to look at is the amount of fresh food you eat versus non-fresh.  Is it about half and half, or more like 75 percent processed and 25 percent fresh?  If you can eat a few more meals made from fresh ingredients, that would be a good change to make.  Processed and refined foods are typically high in sugar, salt, saturated fat, trans fats, chemicals, additives, and  preservatives, and low in nutrients.  All these substances simply aren't good for you.  By contrast, healthy fresh food is rich in the nutrients you need.

My secondary focus is to cut back or cut out completely my consumption of Voltage Mountain Dew.  I have been moderately successful in this endeavor.  I used to drink six cans a day.  I now average about 4 -5 a week.  I had one last night.  Today, I have decided that I would replace today's Mountain Dew with a Kiwi Strawberry Sparkling Ice Water.  This takes care of my love of flavored beverages and reduces the massive intake of caffeine.


No comments:

Post a Comment