Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013 FITNESS CHALLENGE

As you know, I work for The Cheesecake Factory Inc.  I started July 16th, making it almost 6 months.  Some of the benefits of working for them is the bounty of food and beverages.  As a result I have gained nearly twenty pounds.  THIS IS NOT GOOD.

Last week a communication went out to all staff members at the Corporate Center announcing the 2013 Fitness Challenge.

The theme:  LIVING HEALTHY TOGETHER

The competition will run from January 2nd through March 29th.


Weight will be assessed by percentage of total loss.

The initial weigh in will be Wednesday January 2nd from 9:30-10:30 am in the galley.

The mid-way weigh in will be on Friday, February 15th and the final weigh in will be Friday, March 29th.

**There will be prizes mid-way and at the final weigh in**


I have made a commitment to myself to participate in this challenge.  There are two reasons:

1.  I need to get fit and healthy enough to participate with Allisa on the Washington DC trip scheduled for the end of March.

2.  I want to look healthy and fit.  When I have been my healthiest I looked great and felt good about myself.

It's time to start taking care of me so that I can do more.

Come join me in this journey.  Comments are welcome and I would love to get status updates on your journey to a healthier you.

2 comments:

  1. I plan to lose about 25 lbs by the end of March. I so win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we shall see. My goal is to lose 50 lbs.

    ReplyDelete