Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAY 27 - EVALUATION

Although I haven't recorded my progress on a daily basis for the past two weeks, I continue to work on getting fit and staying fit.  One of the things I haven't done in this process is to take measurements and to officially document my progress.  So, today I will take and write down my current measurements so that I can properly assess my progress going forward. 

I know, this is a little gutsy and daring for a usually very shy and reserved person.  However, I must be true to myself.  So, here are today's measurements:

169.6 lbs / 28.9 BMI  (I have a really nice scale that measures four different components)

Chest:  38"
R. Arm:  14.5"
L. Arm:  14.5"
Waist:  36"
Hips:  41.5"
R. Thigh:  24.5"
L. Thigh:  23.5"  (The difference between the thigh measurements could be from the physical therapy)

There has been some weight fluctuation over the past two weeks.  Over the past 4-5 months I have lost nearly 20 lbs.  Some of the weight I lost prior to my surgery on October 28th.  I guess it was about 8 lbs.  I was trying to lose some weight so that there was less weight for my knees carry.  The rest of the weight has been since I have been home on disability.

There are a few things that have changed over the past three months:

1)  There isn't a vending machine in my kitchen - I guess I need to avoid the vending machines at work when I return to work on Monday.

2)  Added a little exercise to my daily routine.  Since getting rid of the crutches and the brace I have gone to the mall a couple times and walked around.  Victor and I have also gone to the Farmer's Market the past few Saturdays.  The walking is helping me to strengthen my left knee.

3)  I love Voltage Mountain Dew.  I was drinking them every day before my surgery.  After my surgery I slept most of the day.  I detoxed my body from the soda.  I still have one every once in a while.  I never drink a whole one any more.  I will open one to drink and then it mysteriously disappears - It turns out that Aislyn enjoys Voltage Mountain Dew and will snake mine when I am not looking.

4)  I have become more aware of the food I eat and I will choose healthier foods when going out.  The grocery shopping has changed a little as well.  We used to fill the cart with cookies and crackers and other snack type foods for the kids.  The problem:  I would eat a lot of those snack foods.  We asked the kids what kinds of things they wanted for after school snacks.  Their choices are pretty healthy.  We buy more fruits and vegetables.  We bought a box of clementines and half was gone in a day.  Yesterday I bought a flat of strawberries.  1/4 of the strawberries were consumed last night.

A few small changes a little at a time will make a difference.  So, I will keep moving forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment